The Police Headquarters shifted to Police Radio Complex Situated at Atlanta Point in the 1st week of April, 1997. The offices of the Inspector General of Police, Superintendent of Police (AP) and all other establishment of the Police Headquarters were shifted.
At present the Police Headquarters is having the office of the Director General of Police, Inspector General of Police, Inspector General of Police (Int.), Inspector General of Police (L&O), Dy. Inspector General of Police (HQ), Superintendent of Police (HQ), Dy. Superintendent of Police (HQ) and Dy. Superintendent of Police (Estt.) with the sections as mentioned below :-
- Deals with all general correspondence with Administration, MHA & other offices.
- Proposals for creation of new posts.
- Plan/Non-Plan matters.
- Misc. correspondence like RTI/LG/MP References etc.
- This Cell deals with all the Hindi related matters.
- Translations of various tenders/notices/circulars and other miscellaneous matters.
- This Cell deals with procurement/repair and maintenance of all the computers purchased for this department.
- It also deals with the correspondences related to IT matters.
- This section maintains the service records of all police personnel.
- Maintain Character Rolls, Promotions, Confirmation, ACP/MACP and all service matters related with police personnel of A & N Police.
- This section also deals with pension cases of all the ranks and ensure timely settlement of pensions to the police personnel on the day of their retirement.
- Confidential Cell deals with APAR & ACRs.
- Annual property returns of the enrolled police personnel up to the rank of Inspectors.
- Recruitment Cell deals with all recruitment pertaining to any unit of A & N Police.
- To implement the order passed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court on the issue of movement on Andaman Trunk Road, the ATR Cell was opened during January, 2013.
- This Cell monitors the steps taken on the directions passed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court and also furnish report to Administration and other agencies.
- This section deals with pay & allowances of A & N Police personnel, contingency claims and other expenses including annual budget.
- This cell deals with departmental inquiries initiated against the officers up to the rank of Inspectors.
- Writ Cell deals with the matters filed in the different Courts by the members of A & N Police.
- This Cell monitor the cases on daily basis in the Courts and provide all assistance to the Govt. Pleader to defend the cases.
- Recently on 28th Oct 2013 during the Vigilance Awareness Week, a Vigilance Cell has been constituted to inquire into the complaints of corruption or misuse of official powers against any police personnel.
- Any such complaint / information can be given to DySP / Vigilance at cell no. 9434288536