- The Police Motor Transport, A unit of A&N Police procures and maintains vehicles of the department.
- Located at Mohanpura, Port Blair, the PMT has a fully functional workshop housed in a double storied RCC building, alongwith an office complex for administrative works and Stores.
- PMT has a fleet of 486 vehicles (182 Four wheelers and 304 Two wheelers) deployed across the islands.
- PMT is headed by a Superintendent of Police and assisted by a Deputy Superintendent of Police and an Inspector.
- PMT has staff strength of 276 of which 17 are technical staff, 33 are non technical staff and 226 are Drivers.